Photography to me ....

A moment in time that you can never get back, but that will always be remembered. It's the tears shed by a father on his daughter's wedding day. It's the love for a newborn baby. It's seeing that newborn baby as an adult and graduating from high school. It's my family changing and growing from year to year, and for an instant I can stop my children from changing. That's what photography is to me.







Tuesday, March 29, 2011

McKenzie and Jake

     I feel in love with this bride. We were able to meet up at a coffee shop and enjoy an hour of chatting. McKenzie shared her and Jake's love story with me, and I couldn't wait to photograph her wedding. What I loved the most was they hadn't even known each other 6 months when they decided to get married. They just knew that they were meant for each other, or should I say her sister knew.
     So they had a lovely February wedding at St. Anthony's Catholic Church in Laurel, MT. Now, I hate to admit that indoor weddings stress me out, but they do. I am always talking brides and grooms into making some sort of stop at any location of their choice to get some outdoor shots, but with super cold temps and snow it just wasn't in the cards. I am always afraid I won't be able to be as creative as I want when stuck inside a church. But I spent about a half hour walking around the church getting a feel for the space and light. And it fortunately paid off, because the bride and groom are in love with their photos. Here are just a few of the favorites.















This is one of my favorite sequences I have ever done. This moment didn't last very long between her and her mom, but I sure got some great shots of them. It is just full of emotion and love. Makes me want to cry.







Please feel free to check out my website!

No comments:

Post a Comment