Photography to me ....

A moment in time that you can never get back, but that will always be remembered. It's the tears shed by a father on his daughter's wedding day. It's the love for a newborn baby. It's seeing that newborn baby as an adult and graduating from high school. It's my family changing and growing from year to year, and for an instant I can stop my children from changing. That's what photography is to me.







Friday, March 25, 2011

Starting Over....

I have another blog. I am not at good at blogging, and I always try things like ... Hey I am gonna blog everyday for a month. I usually make it a week. At the beginning of this year, I was going to blog at least once a week. I think I made it three.

I don't know why I don't make bloggin' a priority, I think it must be the bejeweled game my mom put on one of our computers for the kids. But I have given that up for Lent, so now I have a little more time on my hands.

I am also changing to blogger because I got on my google webmaster this morning and saw that link from blogger were showing up, but links from my blog weren't. So, yes I am changing to try and help my SEO. I am not good at SEO, but thanks to other blog's and friends who are I am getting there. I am not a business minded person, but I have to be sometimes. My husband has fortunately taken over my finances and so tax time next year is gonna be a breeze. I am still in charge of the marketing side of things, and I do what I can. I just want to take pictures. I love to photograph weddings. I love to photograph fun and creative Senior sessions. So to be able to keep my passion alive and burning, and help support my family, I have to market.

Word of mouth has been awesome here in Cody, WY. I spent over 5 years building my business in Billings, MT and still make my way up there often to do sessions. So here I was busier then ever, business was going great, and my husband got a job in Cody. Now I am starting over, but it hasn't been too bad. I have fallen in love with the people here, and fortunately they seem to be taking to me. So hopefully it won't take the average 5 years to get my name out here. Please feel free to check out my website Lasting Memories Photography and please leave comments. Hopefully I will make this a priority, and if anyone out there has a question about something I could blog about I would love to answer it.
Blessings All!
Now some random photos to get this blog going....






No comments:

Post a Comment